Prescott Door

Prescott Gate was erected in 7974, under British rule. It overlooked the east. Located in the Côte de la Montagne, she closed the road between the Lower Town and the Upper Town. It was surmounted by a guard-which housed the faction soldiers. It bore the name of Robert Prescott, Governor General of Canada at that time. It was demolished in 1871. There are now at that point a raised pedestrian bridge, built in 1983, spanning the Côte de la Montagne. This gateway, although named “Prescott door”, however, has nothing in common with what the initial Prescott door.

Translation from Wikipedia