Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport, also known as Jean Lesage International Airport (French: Aéroport international Jean-Lesage de Québec, or Aéroport de Québec) (IATA: YQB, ICAO: CYQB) was established in 1939, a year after the closure of the Aérodrome Saint-Louis. It is located 6 nautical miles (11 km; 6.9 mi) west southwest of Quebec City, Quebec, Canada. First established as a training facility for air observers, the first flight occurred on September 11, 1941. It is the second busiest passenger airport in Quebec after Montreal-Trudeau airport and the third busiest airport by aircraft movements in Quebec after Montreal-Trudeau and Montreal-Saint-Hubert, with 1,574,699 passengers in 2014 and 118,265 aircraft movements in 2013.
First known as the Aéroport de l’Ancienne Lorette, then the Aéroport de Sainte-Foy, and later the Aéroport de Québec, it was renamed to Aéroport international Jean-Lesage in 1993, in honour of the former Premier of Quebec, Jean Lesage.
The airport is managed and operated by Aéroport de Québec inc., a non-profit and non-share corporation. The current terminal building has a capacity of 1.4 million passengers annually.
In 2010, 2011 and 2013, the airport was voted Best Regional Airport in North America by Airports Council International’s Airport Service Quality (ASQ) program.
Public transportation to the airport is provided by RTC bus 78 a few times a day.